EU XXL FILM
The IEMPM - Informal European Media Policy Meeting
14th & 15th June 2012
EU XXL FILM kindly invites you to the IEMPM (Informal European Media Policy Meeting),
which will be organized on 14th and 15th June in Krems/Austria on the vigil of the high-level
conference Europa Forum Wachau.
14th – 15th June 2012: The IEMPM
Once a year, in the frame of the EU XXL Forum, European umbrella organizations of the film
industry (such as IMAGO - camera, FERA - directors, CEPI - producers, ECSA – composers and
songwriters, FSE – scriptwriters, ECA – artists etc.) are meeting with representatives of the
three EU institutions and representatives of the local film industry as well as with the
collecting societies in order to discuss the relevant measures, legislative initiatives,
challenges and solutions.
As the basis for discussion serves the EU XXL resolution, which is worked out in advance. The
EU XXL resolution contains important and relevant demands of the European creative sector
to the European Policy.
EUXXL FORUM PROGRAM
April 25 to 27, 2012
Location: Ort: OÖ Kulturquartier, Pressezentrum 1. Stock, OK Platz 1, 4020 Linz
Since 2005, the EU XXL Forum has served as a platform for knowledge transfer and the
networking of domestic and European filmmakers and their positions and demands in the
In lectures, panel discussions, and work groups, independent experts will discuss topics and
problems relevant to film policy in the presence of European politicians and also elaborate
alternative proposals and new problem-solving approaches.
The EU XXL Forum has been organised in cooperation with the CROSSING EUROPE Film
Festival Linz since 2011. In addition to the forum events, visitors also have the opportunity to
enjoy the films and supporting programme of this European festival.
April 25, 2012, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
„Digital or Dead – Controversial Aspects of Digitalisation“
Digitalisation is on the advance. More and more cinematic works are only being produced
digitally. That means that no cinema will be able to survive without digital playback capacities.
The consequent “death” of repertory cinemas, which cannot afford the price of digitalisation
despite existing funding, implies a loss of screening spaces, especially for European arthouse
Where and how will the dissemination of European film take place in the future? How can the
switch to digital further cultural diversity and how will it be used by the next generation of
filmmakers? Or does the diversity of newly produced and producible digital works also entail
a danger of going astray in the digital abyss?
Guests i.e. Alessandro Iacoponi – MUBI; Arash T. Riahi – Golden Girls Filmproduction; Daniel
Regenberg – Director of the Internet-Sitcom „Torstrasse Intim“; Philipp Hoffmann, VODConsulting
April 26, 2012, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
„The European Dilemma of Rights’ Management – single-handedly or collectively?“
EU XXL Forum is devoted to the European Commission’s initiative to totally restructure the
world of collecting societies. Everyone agrees: More transparency is urgently needed. On the
- - Digital Cinematography - beauty or the beast?
- - Manaki Brothers Film Festival
- - Statement from Jean-Pierre Beauviala
- - IMAGO Declaration of the Digital Restored Authorizate (DRA)
- - Film Critics
- - Greek Society
- - FSC New Board
- - AEC New President
- - Aussie film-maker’s invention wins major international award
- - PLUS CAMERIMAGE 2013: AUTHORS’ RIGHTS - A CHALLENGE FOR EUROPE
- - MILLER has become an IMAGO sponsor
- - Cooke Optics launches new affordable range of Metrology tools
- - UK Directors fight to re-instate Super 16mm film
- - ARRI at NAB
- - Congratulations Marek
- - Who Needs Sleep?
- - AFC News
- - CALL FOR ENTRIES
- - AMC magazine issue 22 (in spanish)
- - “Inspiration” in VIENNA
- - SŁAWOMIR IDZIAK WILL RECEIVE LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD AT 21st PLUS CAMERIMAGE
- - Bill Lovell from ARRI has left us
- - British Directors Fight for Film.
- - La Lettre AFC 229 de Mars 2013
- - BSC Expo 2013
- - PLUS CAMERIMAGE CHOSEN AS AN OSCAR® QUALIFYING FESTIVAL
- - Plague of film laboratory closures reaches London
- - Conversation with cinematographer Ben Richardson about his work on "Beasts of the Southern Wild", by Benh Zeitlin
- - New Board member for Imago
- - Cameraman Magazine
- - ARRI LAUNCH PRO CAMERA ACCESSORIES FOR SONY F5 / F55 CAMERAS
- - NEW ARRI ALEXA XR and XT
- - Long Live the King!
- - Finding the Light
- - ASBH - Bosnia and Herzegovina became IMAGO member
- - Congratulations to Claudio Miranda
- - PLUS CAMERIMAGE FESTIVAL STARTS EARLIER THIS YEAR
- - K5600 Newsletter - GO KINEMA
- - IMAGO meeting in Brussels IAGA
- - INCENTIVE AWARD FOR EMERGING CINEMATOGRAPHERS
- - 2013, nueva era
- - Teaching Cinematography – From Film to Digital
- - 2013 ACS INTERNATIONAL AWARD FOR CINEMATOGRAPHY
- - Research symposium
- - GoKinema in Sweden
- - 2012 Guldbagge Awards - Best Cinematography:
- - MICRO SALON PARIS 22 and 23 of February Paris
- - Cooke Optics to be honoured at 85th Academy Awards®
- - The Problem with Silver Screens – Comment by Haris Zambarloukos BSC
- - The Cinematography awards
- - Czech Parliament Overrides Klaus Veto to Approve New Film Law
- - BAFTA NOMINATIONS
- - La Lettre_227
- - Backwards into the Future.