WAJDA SCHOOL AT PLUS CAMERIMAGE 2011
This year marks the 10th anniversary of the film school establishment by Andrzej Wajda and Wojciech Marczewski. The anniversary celebrations will be held at 19th PLUS CAMERIMAGE in Bydgoszcz. The planned program highlights include master classes by Polish and foreign filmmakers, film screenings and art exhibitions.
Taking an example of the so-called Film Groups operating in Poland in the past, Wajda and Marczewski focused on the effectiveness of team work methods and the collaboration of different generations. Wajda School offers unique programs that combine education and production for film professionals. On the occasion of its 10th anniversary the School has established a production studio – WAJDA STUDIO. The aim of the Studio is to search for talents among debuting directors and to provide a complete support for them during the most important stage of their career – its very beginning. The Studio’s interest is in ‘auteur films’. The Studio looks for interesting projects of feature, documentary and short films that bring up contemporary issues. It boasts the artistic support by the best Polish and European filmmakers with a focus on projects’ development.
Until 31st of August you can enter the enrolment process for the educational programs of WAJDA SCHOOL. The programs are: Feature Program “Studio of Trials” and Documentary Program “Doc Pro” which are suitable for film and art school graduates, amateur filmmakers, actors, journalists, "men of letters" and photographers with some experience in film production. The third one is a Program for Creative Producers suitable for people with experience in the industry who work as producers, developing their own companies, executive producers, or production managers.
The Programs’ main strength is their teachers: Andrzej Wajda, Wojciech Marczewski, Edward Żebrowski, Joanna Krauze, Maciej Sobieszczański, Denijal Hasanović, Udayan Prasad, Michał Leszczółowski, Paweł Pawlikowski (for Studio of Trials), Marcel Łoziński, Jacek Bławut, Vita Żelakeviciute (for Doc Pro) and Andrzej Mellin, Katarzyna Ślesicka, Ole Wendorff-Oestergaard and Anna Wydra (for Program for Creative Producers).
More details at: www.wajdaschool.pl
- - Digital Cinematography - beauty or the beast?
- - Manaki Brothers Film Festival
- - Statement from Jean-Pierre Beauviala
- - IMAGO Declaration of the Digital Restored Authorizate (DRA)
- - Film Critics
- - Greek Society
- - FSC New Board
- - AEC New President
- - Aussie film-maker’s invention wins major international award
- - PLUS CAMERIMAGE 2013: AUTHORS’ RIGHTS - A CHALLENGE FOR EUROPE
- - MILLER has become an IMAGO sponsor
- - Cooke Optics launches new affordable range of Metrology tools
- - UK Directors fight to re-instate Super 16mm film
- - ARRI at NAB
- - Congratulations Marek
- - Who Needs Sleep?
- - AFC News
- - CALL FOR ENTRIES
- - AMC magazine issue 22 (in spanish)
- - “Inspiration” in VIENNA
- - SŁAWOMIR IDZIAK WILL RECEIVE LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD AT 21st PLUS CAMERIMAGE
- - Bill Lovell from ARRI has left us
- - British Directors Fight for Film.
- - La Lettre AFC 229 de Mars 2013
- - BSC Expo 2013
- - PLUS CAMERIMAGE CHOSEN AS AN OSCAR® QUALIFYING FESTIVAL
- - Plague of film laboratory closures reaches London
- - Conversation with cinematographer Ben Richardson about his work on "Beasts of the Southern Wild", by Benh Zeitlin
- - New Board member for Imago
- - Cameraman Magazine
- - ARRI LAUNCH PRO CAMERA ACCESSORIES FOR SONY F5 / F55 CAMERAS
- - NEW ARRI ALEXA XR and XT
- - Long Live the King!
- - Finding the Light
- - ASBH - Bosnia and Herzegovina became IMAGO member
- - Congratulations to Claudio Miranda
- - PLUS CAMERIMAGE FESTIVAL STARTS EARLIER THIS YEAR
- - K5600 Newsletter - GO KINEMA
- - IMAGO meeting in Brussels IAGA
- - INCENTIVE AWARD FOR EMERGING CINEMATOGRAPHERS
- - 2013, nueva era
- - Teaching Cinematography – From Film to Digital
- - 2013 ACS INTERNATIONAL AWARD FOR CINEMATOGRAPHY
- - Research symposium
- - GoKinema in Sweden
- - 2012 Guldbagge Awards - Best Cinematography:
- - MICRO SALON PARIS 22 and 23 of February Paris
- - Cooke Optics to be honoured at 85th Academy Awards®
- - The Problem with Silver Screens – Comment by Haris Zambarloukos BSC
- - The Cinematography awards
- - Czech Parliament Overrides Klaus Veto to Approve New Film Law
- - BAFTA NOMINATIONS
- - La Lettre_227
- - Backwards into the Future.